Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Door turned into shelving project

 
 
Door before

I  have decided to use an Annie Sloan chalk paint in florence for the panels.  So I taped off the panels.




 Next I added an Annie Sloan Chalk paint color called Graphite
 After the paint dried I added a clear wax to the florence and a black wax to the graphite, then distressed the door slightly after it dried.  Then I added a black wax to the florence and more black wax to the graphite.


 I found some beautiful shelf brackets at the hardware store.  These were 10" x 8" x 1".  I cut some oak veneered fiberboard to 30" each to fit the door x 10" wide., painted it with the graphite color, then waxed both sides black, and then had my hubby help me screw the new shelves into the door.
Total manpower time was about 5 hours.  This did not include the dry time for the wax and paint.  This is not painted on the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment